Sunday, February 22, 2009

A good meal....and car sickness


Last night we spent the evening with Alice and Wendy two friends that I have made from Australia. Phil and Donna, Andrew and I had a great simple meal at Wendy's house. We enjoyed laughs and a delicious cheesecake to follow dinner. Thank you Donna...she really makes the best food! 
Anyways, the evening ended at about 1:30 a.m. And as we were driving home from such a nice evening, I realized that I was getting really sick to my stomach. You have to understand Genova is a maze of winding roads...it is a crazy backwards, hodge podge of a city with even crazier roads. By the time we took Alice home about 30 minutes from where we started I was completely nauseous. I wonder if car sickness goes away at some point in your life. I often wonder if it will go away when I hit menopause! I can only hope right? But then who knows what menopause will bring!!! 
The motion sickness lasted through the night and all day...and now here I am at 8:16 still dizzy...seriously...when will the whirling room quit...But the evening was good...celebrated friends, had some laughs and ate a great cheesecake, reminded me of the day I was married...what more can you ask for!  

and the picture...I just felt like adding it...this is Donna's Daughter ...Abbigail and I in Switzerland...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home