Sunday, March 1, 2009

the abscess that won't go away...


My youngest son Aiden has had an abscess in his mouth. Several weeks ago he was hospitalized over the matter. He has had 2 weeks of antibiotics, and still no progress. The swelling in his face has gone down, but the large bump under his lip remains. 

Tomorrow he sees, the doctor, I am praying for another X ray, and  maybe some drastic action, on behalf of Aiden....however the dr. does want to pull his front teeth. This is not the drastic action I am looking for. Although I have decided if that is necassary that this is what we will do. Oh how I long for medical care in America, and I do not even live in the third world!

This picture was taken several days ago...poor little guy...makes you want to pray even harder...doesn't it!!! 

Today is a day to be thankful for what I have, to put on my gospel shoes and start walking


2 Comments:

At March 2, 2009 at 5:17 AM , Blogger Cheryl said...

Paul had 2 thoughts....

1) it may need drained. This is called an I & D.. (incision & draiange).
2) it may be resistant to the antibiotics he is receiving...(MRSA).You can Google this. Either way, it needs continued, aggresive care. Stay on them, we're not sure why the pulling of the teeth would even help???? Don't let them do that if at all possible....

 
At March 2, 2009 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I'm so sorry you're still dealing w/ this! We'll be praying. Any way to get an opinion from a Dr. here in the US on a good course of action? Hope it gets better soon...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home