Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Prayers for a best friend!!


I just got off the Skype line with my best friend Lisa. The fifteenth was her birthday and was probably the most difficult birthday that she will EVER endure...Lisa has been trying to have a baby for a long time, she has a little boy named Parker, but this second child has taken forever to conceive. About a month ago she found out that she was carrying not just one baby but two! This was such amazing news. 

Than the news quickly came that she could be miscarrying the babies. It has all happened so fast it seems and yet, it has taken the Dr. along time to know for sure what the outcome would be...and yes it is true, Lisa is no longer pregnant.
Yesterday I sent Lisa flowers! I called her best friend in FL. and could not get in touch with her, so I called a random florist in the area that she lives in!! I could not believe when I got her message this morning that they are the FIRST flowers that she has EVER received. I am so happy that I could be apart of a little sunshine in her day. Lisa and I have been friends since kindergarten we have been through alot of firsts together...so many to list. And now the unthinkable. 
This is another one of these times that you so badly want to be there! So badly want to live close by...and yet here I sit calling a florist over Skype. But I admit that my sister needs to cling to the Lord. Not to me, her husband or the child she currently has...but to the Lord. As I spoke with her this afternoon...I only had a few words of encouragement for her, and the words were these...God brings trials to bring Glory to himself. That is what it looks like for the believer. We don't know why and may never know why. But your life and the fact that he has CALLED YOU WORTHY of the trial is that the Lord knows that you can come through this trial as a faithful servant of our Lord! That is amazing to me. 

Please pray for her today if you get a chance. Thanks....

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.

2 Comments:

At March 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Blogger jb said...

I just prayed for your friend, Natalie. I'm heartbroken for her.

 
At March 18, 2009 at 5:20 PM , Blogger Holly said...

Tears are just streaming down my face. . .Natalie you are such a blessing to Lisa and to me! We all appreciate your prayers. . .YOU are an awesome friend.

(SO SAD I MISSED YOUR CALL. . . A CALL FROM ITALY!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home