Wednesday, April 1, 2009

teaching Hudson to read...


Well, I have been teaching Hudson to read since October. It is rewarding, challenging, difficult and amazing. His mind is processing and trying so hard to comprehend each syllable he hears. I am blessed that he is enjoying it, especially the days that really are quite difficult! Right now we are spending time reviewing past lessons, b/c soon we are going to move forward wit more difficult words...and stories! 

The boys have also learned the months of the year, the days of the week...and currently we are reading about different things in the world that are small...like amoebas and protozoa.  It has been a good review for me as well.

This is the best part about home schooling that really...I am learning all over again as well!!Oh and I get to teach in my pj's!!  Once again I  feel blessed.  


3 Comments:

At April 1, 2009 at 11:59 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Look at you Teacher-Mommy! I am so proud of you Natalie, well...and of course the same goes for the boys too! Hudson has grown up so much, I still "see" Andy and Luke in his features!

 
At April 1, 2009 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Amy said...

I think you deserve a medal. I'll make one right now & mail it to you. :) I have loved listening to Noah read, but I can't imagine being the one patient enough to TEACH him. I can't wait to see the boys again. They will be so grown up.

 
At April 2, 2009 at 7:36 PM , Blogger bitten by the bug said...

wow i love his pic, that smiley face that we love....you are doing great too as his teacher....didn't know about the pj's but love it....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home